The South West of England is a popular destination for family holidays, and it's no wonder why! With its stunning scenery, beautiful beaches, and charming towns and villages, it's the perfect place to explore with a campervan.
Whether you're planning a long summer break or a weekend getaway, here are 10 of the best family-friendly campervan sites in the South West.
- Parkdean Resorts, Cornwall: this is a popular choice for families, with locations across the UK, including 8 in Cornwall. With a range of accommodation options, including static caravans and lodges, as well as pitches for campervans, this site has everything you need for a fun and relaxing holiday.
- Wooda Farm Holiday Park, Cornwall: Located just a few miles from Bude, Wooda Farm Holiday Park is a family-friendly campsite set in 40 acres of stunning countryside. With a range of facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, adventure playground, and on-site restaurant, plenty keeps the whole family entertained. If you’re visiting with extended family then there’s even a Wellness Retreat Area to get you rested and rejuvenated whilst you’re away.
- Newberry Valley Park, North Devon: Located very close to our workshop! This park is a few minutes walk into Combe Martin, a brilliant village that offers excellent rock pooling opportunities for the kids and caves at low tide. At the park itself, they have alpacas, and an abundance of wildlife to spot including buzzards, badgers, owls and pheasants! They even use 100% Green Energy from renewable sources. All in all a great rural location ready to immerse you in nature.
- Golden Cap Holiday Park, Dorset: Located in the heart of the Jurassic Coast, this park is a popular destination for families looking to explore the stunning coastline of Dorset. It is only 150 yards from Seatown Beach and surrounded by 2,000 acres of National Trust land. It’s the perfect spot for hiking, fossil hunting and generally soaking up everything that an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has to offer.
- Cofton Holidays, Devon: This family-friendly campsite is set in 80 acres of stunning Devon countryside. This campsite has a swimming pool, sports courts, and an indoor play area as well as plenty of outdoor activities such as cycling and hiking!
- Treloy Touring Park, Cornwall: Located just a few miles from the popular seaside town of Newquay, Treloy Touring Park is a popular choice for families looking to explore the beautiful coastline of Cornwall. With a range of facilities, including a nature reserve for the children to pond dip, watch wildlife and have picnics in the woodland, an adventure playground, and an indoor swimming pool, this is a great choice for families to have lots to do on-site.